Monday, October 15, 2012

The King of Rock and Roll

(1935-1977)



When I was little, all I heard in the car was Presley's music. My mother was in love with him and always made me listen to his songs. So today, I would like to talk about him. 

(My favorite..."Jailhouse Rock")

One of the most famous musicians of the 20th century, Elvis Aaron Presley was born on January 8, 1935 in Tupelo, Mississippi. He was an American singer and actor. His twin brother was stillborn so he grew up as an only child. In 1948, Elvis and his family moved to Memphis, Tennessee. 

His carrer started in 1954 when he started working with Sun records. He sent his recording to RAC victor  and his first RAC single, "Heartbreak Hotel" became very popular. His style was unique and it became famous among a variety of races.

(Heartbreak Hotel)

After being drafted into the military in 1968, he came back to live performance in LasVegas. He was popular not only in America but also in many other countries. He had sold more than a billion records and this broke a record. He was nominated for 14 Grammy nominations, the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, and he is being named One of the Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Nation for 1970 by the United States Jaycees. 

On August 9, 1997 he died at the age of 42 because of his heavy drug use. Throughout his great career, he popularized rock 'n' roll in America. After his death, he still remains as the one of the world's most famous music icons. 



•Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it.
That's what happens to me. I can't help it.

•I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to.

•Truth is like the sun. You can shit it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.

•Man, I really like Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment