Friday, November 9, 2012

POETRY class:)

7th Bell Poetry Class with my AWESOME teacher and Creative classmates


I decided to take this poetry class because I like writing about myself and I was interested in poetry. We learnt different poets almost everyday. We had to write reflections to what we read everyday. It was not too hard or too much homework but it was hard to catch up with all the homework "everyday". However, I actually enjoyed reading about a lot of poets. They are very creative and some of their lives are very complicated. I figured out that their lives influence the ways they write poems. My favorite poet is Anne Sexton. I feel her strength as a woman from her poem and I like her dark poems.

Also, I figured out that I am not a bad poet! My poems are about sad love stories most of the time. I feel so great after writing them! I feel happier and I want others to read them. We had a group project that we had to make a poem with a couple of people. People in my group had the similar views about love and relationships so that we all loved the poem we wrote together. 

We also had this blog post project once a week. It took a lot of time for me to write one even though it wasn't a great blog post but I learnt a lot from it. I had to actually search about the topic I was writing about but it wasn't hard because I had the opportunity to write about something I am interested in. I have written about the Disney World, Hippies, and so on. There were many interesting discoveries. 


But! The best thing in our class is that my teacher, Mrs. Lewis is just awesome. She is such a clever woman who knows about everything. We all enjoyed our poetry class with her. She has made the cookies and brownies I have ever eaten in my life and she taught us a lot. 
I thank her for making our 7th bell such a great period everyday and I will miss this class so much next term!:(

No comments:

Post a Comment